Making it a Great Website
A truly great dental website goes beyond what your users see and interact with. It should also be easy to manage.
Proprietary Dental Websites
Gone are the days, of frustration and delays, when your website updates were tied to the person or company that developed it. That’s just not effective anymore, nor was it ever and its definitely not necessary for your dentist website. In the instances where you, the practice owner, or your team, want to make simple changes or updates and you should easily be able to do so.
Here is what typically happened:
- A company developed your website on their “proprietary” platform.
- This platform allowed them to make updates to your site.
- Any update that was beyond the scope of their system would require “custom” work to be done in order to enable the new functionality. This could take weeks, months or in some cases, they would not be willing to do them at all.
- Each update you needed would require the submission of a support ticket, or its equivalent, and those would in turn require a turnaround time that was usually longer than hoped for.
- If/when you decided to move to another marketing agency, it wasn’t unusual that you were told that you couldn’t keep the website and were stuck with starting over from scratch.
WordPress For Dental Websites
Now with content management systems such as WordPress non-technical people can easily make almost any update to their website within minutes, even seconds. That is just one of the reasons why we develop all our dental practice websites using WordPress. So far we have not encountered a client that wasn’t thrilled for this option, whether or not they make use of it.
Here are a few more reasons why we recommend, and only use, WordPress for our client websites:
- WordPress websites are quick and easy to create
- WordPress is great for search optimization strategies
- WordPress is easy to manage
- WordPress is safe and secure
- WordPress has a very large support community
- WordPress has plugins for almost any functionality a typical site would need
WordPress provides a solid foundation for your dental practice’s website. It’s free, robust, easy-to-use and also portable.